Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.
The R&D Process Engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing the new products per filaments business requirement
- Providing day-to-day technical expertise and engineering support for the spinning processes at the site
- Troubleshooting for daily production working together with process engineer
- Leading or participating on teams to upgrade processes and products ranging from incremental improvements to major technology changes
- Leading PSM technology element teams and process hazards analyses
- Executing the change management processes to implement improvements (process change, change of design, raw material qualifications, new product trials etc.)
- Leading or serving on Six Sigma project teams to drive continuous improvement working on areas such as yield, uptime, fixed and variable cost reductions, and working capital reductions.
- BS or above in Polymer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Processing Mechanics
- At least 3 years experience of R&D or process technology in synthetic fiber or plastics manufacturing. It is not a must to the outstanding candidate with sound knowledge and hands-on experience in such disciplines
- Ability to work with others involved in a variety of functions including sales and marketing, operators, mechanics, other engineers of various disciplines, management, and other leaders to impact in a positive way the plant performance parameters
- 3.0 or greater GPA (Based on a 4.0 scale)
- Experience in polymer processing, polymer textiles or similar chemical processes
- Capability to transfer the VOC to new product development opportunities
- Experience in Process Safety Management system requirements, reliability theory, pressure relief design, root cause failure analysis
- Six Sigma GB or BB certified
- Ability to assimilate the unit operation information into actions that impact important criteria including process safety, mechanical integrity, equipment reliability, cycle time, product quality, and capacity
- Experience with engineering materials
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.
For US Applicants: See the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster at:
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.