Director of Finance
First Mutual Bank
631 Washington Blvd/ Belpre
First Mutual Bank, a community bank, with assets of $ 90 million, seeks a Vice President-Director of Finance to be based at our Belpre, OH headquarters. We seek a leader to be part of our senior management team, who will work closely with our President/CEO, regarding strategic planning and budgeting, setting goals and performance metrics, as well as provide Investment, Liquidity, and ALCO management for the bank. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, that includes a solid base salary with bonus potential.
Duties and Responsibility:
- Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
- Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, and manages performance to company goals and expectations.
- Manages the day-to-day financial operations and budget of FMB, including cash flow and liabilities.
- Attends weekly management meetings & provides current financial data to the President/CEO prior to the meeting. Attends monthly Board Meetings and reports financial data.
- Prepares annual, quarterly, and monthly financial reports; oversees the monthly general ledger closing; prepares regulatory Call Reports on a quarterly basis.
- Provides information to the Board of Directors on all accounting and financial matters of FMB. Serves as Chair of the Interest Rate Risk committee for FMB.
- Establish objectives, policies, processes & practices to assure FMB of a continuously sound financial accounting structure.
- Works with the Accounting Department of the First Mutual Holding Company.
- Works with the President/CEO & First Mutual Holding Company for coordinating the long-range plans for FMB.
- Analyzes financial data & updates the President/CEO and the Board of Directors on trends and possible recommendations for changes to FMB direction.
- Responsible for overseeing the budget process; collecting the input for the budget, presenting a draft budget to the Board of Directors for approval, and comparing actual performance to the approved Board Budget. Works with First Mutual Holding Company during the budget process.
- Keeps up-to-date with current financial reporting and accounting procedures and regulations.
- Manages service providers and vendors effectively; structures relationships with service providers in a strategic manner; sets expectations; develops performance metrics; measures vendor performance, provides feedback and holds accountable.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Job Knowledge
- Communication skills
- Customer service
- Quality of work
- Workflow skills
- Planning and Flexibility
- Experience in retail banking is required.
- Experience in customer service is required.
- Experience in banking laws, regulations and guidelines is required
- Experience in financial services or banking is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, and Word] or similar software is required; and other software utilized by FMB.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Experience in a senior financial managerial position
- Exceptional communication skills
- Results-Oriented, Strategic Thinker & Planner
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift, walk, stand, sit, bend, reach with hands and arms, climb, push/pull, use hands, and see, hear and speak.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting, works five days a week, some Saturdays, and hours vary from 8:00a to 4:30p
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.