Business Loan Officer
First Mutual Bank
605 Washington Blvd.
First Mutual Bank, FSB ($ 89 mm in assets), a local community bank, headquartered in Belpre, OH, is looking for a Business Loan Officer to take the lead on developing a business loan portfolio for the bank in our market area. The position is a growth opportunity for the right person who is ready to make their own mark in the mid-Ohio valley region. Minimum 1 to 3 years or more business banking and/or commercial loan origination experience is preferred.
The Business Loan Officer is responsible for securing Commercial / Industrial, Commercial Real Estate, and Small Business Express loans as well as commercial deposits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops new business by utilizing effective calling techniques to achieve corporate growth; maintains and develops relationships with centers of influence including, accountants, attorneys, realtors, community leaders, professional and/or social organizations; attends networking, charity, and corporate functions for prospecting and establishment of relationships
- Originates and closes commercial loans; works to meet and exceed commercial loan sales goals and assist in meeting the bank’s budget, growth and commercial portfolio diversification goals; utilizes strong interpersonal skills to maximize business contacts and develop relationships with current/potential loan customers, bank management, and staff; communicates with clients and their advisors, bank Credit Analysts, and VP of Lending Operations to assist in the development of loan request packages for presentation to upper management and in some cases the board; reviews all applicable loan documentation for accuracy and completeness; closes approved loans with clients.
- Manages portfolios and underwriting by coordinating with clients on accounts and other issues related to the commercial relationships; works with commercial team members to facilitate credit application process, perform site visits, work with underwriter to obtain decisions, and work with underwriting to perform annual reviews of assigned portfolio; identifies, evaluates, structures and documents commercial credit transactions to ensure maximum profitability with reasonable risk; monitors credit quality within assigned portfolios and takes action as appropriate.
- Originates depository relationships or expand on existing relationships through calling on current customers and prospects to originate new deposits for the bank with primary emphasis on operating accounts for businesses and the owner’s personal accounts; services the existing customers.
- Proactively reviews portfolio for line of credit renewals, future maturities, financial statement spreads, etc. Compiles with necessary information for approval. Contacts borrowers to request current financial information, if necessary
- Represents the bank in civic and community functions to further enhance the bank’s visibility while increasing business development
- Prepares and reviews weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for FMB management
- Works closely with other departments to handle client service issues and to cross sell other bank products; handles current accounts and new loan requests to reinforce extraordinary service levels.
- Attends training to continually improve sales and presentation skills, treasury management knowledge, and investment product knowledge.
- Manages service providers and vendors effectively; structures relationships with service providers in a strategic manner; sets expectations; develops performance metrics; measures vendor performance, provides feedback and holds accountable.
- Other duties as required.
- Communication skills
- Customer service
- Interpersonal skills
- Job knowledge
- Planning and organization
- Staff development
- Experience in commercial lending is required.
- Experience in sales is required.
- Experience in commercial lending laws, regulations, and guidelines is required.
- Experience in financial services or banking is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. EasyLender, Cleartouch, OnBase, various government and investor software/web portals is preferred. CRM software is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Certification: None.
- Years of experience: 3 to 7 years is required.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.