Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Council
709 Market Street
The Controller for the Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Council and is responsible for the maintenance of detailed financial records and application of generally accepted accounting principles to all funds.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintenance of the general journal and general ledger.
- Preparation of Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Council and Mid-Ohio Valley Workforce Investment Corporation monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports to board, program directors, state, local and federal agencies.
- Preparation of requests for draw down of funds from the various funding agencies.
- Maintenance of a complete accounting system for all program cost centers (funds) and associated subsidiary ledgers.
- Coordination of agency division budgets
- Maintenance of computerized accounting system and related server component (with assistance from Executive Director and GIS Director).
- Supervision of the Accounting Staff, currently 2 part-time people in receipts, disbursements, payroll and purchasing systems.
- All tax filings (payroll and 990s)
- Employee Benefits and Personnel related items
- Co-ordinate annual CPA audit for timely completion
- Assist the Loan Department with the Revolving Loan Fund accounting
- And other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of generally accepted professional accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the principles practices methods and techniques of governmental accounting.
- Knowledge of Fund (modified accrual) accounting.
- Ability to prepare accurate accounting entries and adjustments and perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly.
- Ability to analyze and interpret records.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to use a computer: specific programs knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Great Plains accounting software a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and appropriate work experience. CPA a plus.
Will report to the Executive Director of the Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Council.
Recommended Salary Range:
$45,000 to $50,000 per year with benefit package available to employees of MOVRC.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.